Supply chain / sourcing manager
We are MAGNEDS and together with a diversity of colleagues, we build future-proof loyalty and activation solutions for leading international food retailers and brands. Magneds makes a difference in program performance for kids loyalty campaigns. From concept development to the execution of the promotion, Magneds offers the total solution. We advise and accompany our clients from decision making to the further improvement of the successful campaign. We influence, reward and monitor behavior by combining smart thinking and technology with creative concepts that focusses on educational, sustainable and fun elements.
With a 20-year proven track record, we create and encourage new opportunities with a 360- degree approach to magnetize our clients. We are looking for an experienced Supply chain / Sourcing manager who is ready to take that loyalty program to a next level. Are you that cross cultural troubleshooter?
we are looking for:
An experienced Supply Chain / Sourcing manager with proven skills in managing complex promotions in food retail. Key to the role is managing the company’s supply portfolio ensuring transparency of spending. Generating and implementing efficient sourcing and category management strategies. Analyzing and calculating costs of procurement and suggest methods to decrease expenditure.
- Plan & manage overall sourcing activities;
- Organize the supply chain from A to Z;
- Ensure an optimal composition of the various required products per project;
- Build long-term relationships with vendors and key suppliers;
- Being a fully-fledged discussion partner for our suppliers and colleagues;
- Creating support with regard to the purchasing plan;
- Keep track on the course that has been set in order to achieve maximum results;
- Ensure that strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives;
- Create and implement best practice supply chain solutions;
- Map out operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery target, which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market;
- Manage inventory levels and stocking strategies;
- Keen sense of balancing challenges and implementation skills;
- Understanding of cost accounting skills and financial statements.
- Plan & manage project communication with sales and program managers;
- You are the supplier contact for capacity, day-to-day delivery and project support;
- You update and analyze deliveries;
- Program support, monitoring and maintenance of stock movements;
- Analyze operational excellence, advise future solutions and improve supply chain;
- Evaluate the initial set-up, calculate accuracy and identify areas for improvement.
Program management support
- Feasibility check – assess applications for program management on feasibility with regard to financial feasibility, supplier options and planning.
- Project preparation – support with calculations and planning with regard to product flows and associated costs.
- Meeting & advise – advise program management with regard to the implementation of the right solution/product for the respective promotion.
- Business Case – for every project to report to the management, forecast & financial evaluation.
- Status Reports – report the project status to the internal and external stakeholders.
- Presentations – present results & knowledge to the organisation (internal knowledge transfer, project kick-offs etc.).
Personal requirements & qualities
Are you the one to strengthen our team? As our colleague you are:
- decisive and able to convince others;
- you have excellent oral and written communication and contact skills.
- you are analytical, a problem solver and a decision maker;
- customer and goal oriented;
- pro-active and self-directed with minimal supervision;
- highly structured and well organized;
- team player and enthusiastic about your work;
- approachable and reliable;
- able to keep a helicopter view of business.
Education and experience requirements:
- Bachelor or Master degree (HBO/WO);
- 5-year experience in a trade organization purchasing business in China, preferably in an international and/or retail environment;
- organizing experience in supply chain from China to customer, preferably non-food categories.
- excellent communication skills, fluent in English (verbal and written), French or German is a pre.
in addition to a great challenge and a highly motivated team we offer you:
- competitive salary
- travel expenses
- company laptop
- flexible working hours
- good retirement conditions
- 30 leave days
- full-time appointment (32-40)
how to apply
Does this sound like the right job for you, and is creating challenging solutions your cup of tea? Send your application letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. And maybe we will drink your favorite cup of tea or coffee soon!
Your application will be treated confidentially. You will always receive a response.